Saturday, July 2, 2011

Yoga Rocks the Park! OM~aha! wk #5

 
 Everything was perfect about Yoga Rocks the Park last Sunday, from the weather to the after yoga margaritas. From the moment Fletch & I pulled into the circle at Midtown Crossing I could feel a vibe in the air, which was already filling the entire park. Not only could I feel the vibe, I could also hear the vibes that our good friend, DJ Tres of lowercase sounds, was putting out and as soon as I stepped out of the car, it was like surround sound. I was so anxious to get to the green & be in this vibe that I could barely wait for Fletch. I’m so glad Tres started early because it just gave the whole event a ‘festival-Iike feel’, building the music slowly & grabbing everyone’s attention and setting the mood.

We found a spot up front & laid out our mats. But I couldn’t sit still just yet; the social butterfly in me had to go greet all the usual yogi’s. I love Sundays! Several friends showed up & laid their mats next to ours & I began to focus.

I was so looking forward to today’s yoga for many reasons, and the instructor, Jenn Chiarelli, was one of them. Earlier this week, I saw an amazing video of her Vinyasa Vibes that you really must check out. It was peaceful, beautiful & graceful and it gave me hope that one day, I too, can be graceful. It inspired me to focus & keep at it. Jenn was just as amazing as I thought she would be. And just like I thought, Jenn’s style flowed perfectly with the musical stylings of DJ Tres. When yoga started, he took it down a bit and it flowed much like a vinyasa, and in & out with our breathing. At one point, Jenn urged us all to just take a break & dance it out & have fun. And we definitely did!


The weather may have played a role in my experience as well. It was perfectly overcast allowing the clouds to shade us from the heat of the sun. And for most of yoga, there was a very light sprinkle that kept us cool as well. The sun started to peak out just as yoga was ending. And we finished by forming a circle of 123 yogi’s. We all held hands & chanted OM together & raised the vibrations along w/ DJ Tres. It brought back memories of the circle we formed at the end of our wedding ceremony in the park 16 years ago! Back then we chanted “We…….Love…….You……”
Hooray!!! I did it! I was so excited that I actually made it all the way through yoga, w/ithout having to take a break, that I was jumping up & down hugging everyone in sight. I had my best Yoga Rocks the Park experience so far! I didn’t have the trouble I usually have holding a pose & I didn’t need to look around to see what the poses were....... I just knew!! I AM getting stronger and I AM learning! I really needed this experience after my weekend. I felt all rejuvenated. In fact, I felt just like I did after my weekend at Love Fest! And I couldn’t stop smiling!

After yoga, a group of us went to Cantina Laredo again where once again we enjoyed some Queso Laredo, fresh Guacamole and Chips & Salsa’s. We all had a few drinks, 1 Pomegranate Margarita & 1 Mango Margarita for me, & we all got a bit silly. And this is what we came up with and would like to share with all of you:

"On The Afternoon of June 26th I ran over a Cold Stone while I was driving my Blanc Element to Yoga Rocks the Park where I saw Marcus, Three Dogs & 1 Grey Plume. We tried to get the Republic to give us a Couture of one of the condos at Midtown Crossing. At 6:10 our Parliament began to Crave some Ingredients at Cantina Laredo where the margaritas were Delice & made me Glo. This is a Tru story!"

Peace & Love, Dancing & Laughing!
~Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment