Friday, April 2, 2010

Stir it up w/ Loom & Kyle Harvey

We started the night off in the Stir lounge at Harrah’s. We were there for the much anticipated Stir Cove 2010 launch party. We had drinks & free Chicago Dawgs and caught up w/ summer friends while waiting for the announcement. They will announce more in the next day or 2. But for now, this is the list:

May 21: Goo Goo Dolls
May 22: Gregg Allman
May 30: Earth, Wind & Fire
July 4: Fireworks & Super Diamond
July 8: Barenaked Ladies with Kris Allen
July 9: Eric Church
July 15: REO Speedwagon & Pat Benatar
July 31: Joan Jett & The Blackhearts
Aug 1: Al Green
Aug 6: Dierks Bentley
Aug 8: Jimmy Cliff
Aug 13: Phoenix
Aug 29: David Gray & Ray LaMontagne

Josh & I got to work entering all the shows into his calendar.
And now Stir is adding more to the mix with “Stir Live & Loud”. In the Stir Lounge, local bands will be playing $5 shows on Fridays & Saturdays. It all starts on April 16th w/ Little Brazil & Digital Leather and April 17th w/ Thunder Power & Garfan?? Who is Garfan?

The Miller Lite guys were there & they had these cool little video badges about the size of a name tag that loops 6 hrs of video. Can you imagine if I had one of these? Oh the fun I would have. He said they’re about $200. That’s a bummer. But hey! My birthday is comin’ up.
Next stop, Espana for Brent’s birthday Loom. We ordered drinks & the bartender insisted on charging us tax on our drinks because they were still serving food. REALLY? You don’t ever charge tax on alcohol. I wonder if I can write that off.

We got April fooled by Gary Vaynerchuk. Due to a tweet we rushed to be one of the next 100 to buy his book in order to get free wine for life! Just now (noon on Friday) went to see if we made it only to see that his next tweet was “April Fools”. That was a good one I must say. All night I wondered if I had won free wine for life.

Hung out with one of my favorite people, Buck Bowen. We planned a goin’ away dinner where he will make us sushi. Yes, Buck Bowen, the sushi chef. I can’t believe he’s moving. 2 of my favorite people are moving to California this month. They just don’t get it that they are gonna fall into the ocean & die.

I danced a little but not w/ the crowd of sweaty bodies. I like my space when I dance so I usually end up in a corner dancing by myself. Which is fine with me. That’s the way, uh huh uh huh, I like it, uh huh uh huh!

On our way to Barley Street we ran into our friend Justin Beller, who I just love & adore. He told us of his friend Daniel's new art space next to Espana & of his living space a few doors down. We stopped up at his place, which is a gallery of his beautiful
contemporary art work, for a quick social collaboration. His work is as gorgeous & sexy as he is.

We reminisced about how long we’ve known each other & when he played w/ The Roadside Band/My Friend’s Band at our engagement party 15 years ago at McFoster's. As Justin says, things just keep getting’ better. And they do!



Back on track to BST for Kyle Harvey‘s cd realease. I have to admit. I’m guilty of never seeing his solo show. I’ve seen him w/ It’s True a million times. And I thought I saw him the night of the Thanksgiving Benson Blackout at Mick’s, but I see now he was at Burke’s that night. Hey, it was dark, I couldn’t see.

I couldn’t believe I hadn’t seen him yet. I felt a little left out on what everybody else there had apparently already discovered. Tim McMahan was like “It’s Kyle-fucking-Harvey!” And it was. I really enjoyed his lyrics & his interaction with the crowd that were on the same page as he was in a book that I just opened up. I didn’t leave empty handed. I bought 2 CD’s, another is on the way & a very cute t-shirt. He knows my passion & weakness for soft band shirts.




Tonight we have 2 art openings, a play at the Blue Barn, a band & a dj.

No comments:

Post a Comment