Friday, June 17, 2011

Yoga Rocks the Park! OM~aha! wk #3

We arrived at Yoga Rocks the Park stress free this week & just in time to stroll in with our bohemian son, Brent Crampton, the DJ today. If you were paying attention last week, you’d know that he calls us his bohemian parents. And terrible parents are we, because we didn't even take any photos.

Brent usually weaves loom, a monthly dance event, and soon will be opening House of Loom. Last week though, Brent weaved some relaxing beats for some 471 colorful yogis. He created a beautiful back drop for Yoga Rocks the Park. For last Sunday only, Yoga Weaved the Park! Everyone’s breathing weaved together, as we all became one in the sun, inhaling the fresh air, as blades of grass weaved through our fingers & toes and stretched up to the sky. It was such an organic experience.

Once again, the voice of yoga inspired me this last week. That voice belongs to Lora Haase, who as I've said, helped bring YRP to OM~aha & teaches at Lotus House of Yoga. Her voice is so uplifting & energetic, she exudes happiness, her smile is contagious and her child-like enthusiasm made for some very fun yoga. She urged us to not be so serious, to let go of perfection and just be playful. That was very easy to do with her jokes about how we only had 108 more poses to go. The laughter & smiles of that many yogis at once was a hopeful sign that when we all become one, we CAN change the world!

No more tears for me. I have been practicing yoga for only a few weeks & already I feel the difference. Not just in my body, but in my mind & my outlook on life. My body is slowly becoming stronger & more flexible. Mentally though, things are changing more quickly. I am grateful & appreciative for even the challenges I have. They have awaken me to take charge of my life & I am so very thankful for that.

When I first started yoga, it was upsetting to know how weak my body had become. I didn’t think I would, or could, ever be strong again. But earlier this week, I had a vision of myself in the not so distant future. I am strong & healthy & happy! That vision made me feel more positive & it energized me to make that vision a reality!
Although I am still having a balance issue, especially on the uneven ground at the park, I am committed to going to YRP every week. If it’s too hot, I will find a shade tree to yoga under. If it’s too bumpy, I may try the sidewalk. And if I’m still unable to yoga, I will relax in the grass, enjoy the music & soak up the healing energy floating about.

The forecast is hot & sunny this week so I just may be looking for that shade tree yet. I will also be celebrating Father's Day somewhere in Midtown Crossing & you may get a chance to meet the father of groovic. This will also be the first weekend of the College World Series, so welcome baseball fans & out-of-town yogis! Yoga will be led by Melanie McLeod, who currently teaches at Midtown Crossing’s Prairie Life Fitness. And music will be provided by Calla Denker & Heather Newman.

Peace, Love & Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment